- 1 How do I get a GCKey for Service Canada?
- 2 Is My Service Canada Account the same as my CRA account?
- 3 How do I get through to Service Canada EI?
- 4 How do I get a CRA access code?
- 5 How do I create a GCKey?
- 6 Can I have two GCKey accounts?
- 7 What is GCKey user ID and password?
- 8 Can I access my CRA account from My Service Canada Account?
- 9 Are GCKey and CRA login the same?
- 10 How do I know my EI is approved?
- 11 Does EI contact your employer?
- 12 What is the best time to call Service Canada?
- 13 How do I get a CRA user ID and password?
- 14 Can you NetFile without a CRA account?
- 15 Can I get my SIN number online?
How do I get a GCKey for Service Canada?
Due to COVID-19, you need to submit a Service Canada’s online service request form. Use a personal access code (PAC)
- your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- your parent’s family name at birth.
- your postal code if you are a Canadian resident or your country of residence if you are a foreign resident.
Is My Service Canada Account the same as my CRA account?
The link provides you with a convenient connection between the Canada Revenue Agency’s ( CRA ) My Account for individuals and Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC) My Service Canada Account.
How do I get through to Service Canada EI?
If you don’t have Internet access, you can use the Telephone Reporting Service by calling 1-800-531-7555. If we need more information to process your report, we’ll transfer your call to an agent or you’ll receive a message to call us during business hours.
How do I get a CRA access code?
When you are ready to file your return and want to retrieve your access code, go to www.netfile.gc.ca/netfilecode. Enter the following information to get your access code:
- your social insurance number (SIN);
- your date of birth; and.
- the amount you reported on line 150 of your tax return from last year.
How do I create a GCKey?
To register for a GCKey, go to the sign in page and click the “Continue to GCKey ” button. Then, choose a user name and a password. It’ll ask you to create security questions.
Can I have two GCKey accounts?
Yes, if you wish to do so, you can use a different credential to access different Government of Canada services. However, you will need to remember which credential you used with each of those services. For example, if you use GCKey to register for an account with IRCC, you must always use GCKey to access your account.
What is GCKey user ID and password?
A GCKey is a unique credential ( username / password ) that allows access to, and protects your communication with, online Government of Canada programs and services. Take note that once you have accessed the saved application form with your GCKey, only that GCKey will be able to access the form.
Can I access my CRA account from My Service Canada Account?
Did you know that the Canada Revenue Agency’s My Account and Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC) My Service Canada Account are now linked? With one user ID and password, you can securely access your information from both accounts without having to revalidate your identity!
Are GCKey and CRA login the same?
Can I use the same GCKey to access several services? Yes. You can use the same GCKey credential to access all available online services, with the exception of the CRA services. To access the CRA’s login services, you must either use one of the Sign-In Partners or register for a CRA User ID and password.
How do I know my EI is approved?
Shortly after you submit your EI application, we will mail you an EI benefit statement. This does not mean that your application has been approved. Your Benefit statement will provide the information you need to complete your reports with our Internet reporting service or our Telephone reporting service.
Does EI contact your employer?
Can my employer contest a decision concerning my EI benefits application? If we decide to pay you benefits even if you quit, were fired for misconduct, refused work, or are involved in a labour dispute, we will notify your employer.
What is the best time to call Service Canada?
If you would prefer to speak to a representative, call this service between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. You can get general information about the EI program, the Social Insurance Number (SIN), and your specific EI claim.
How do I get a CRA user ID and password?
MyCRA mobile app
- Enter your social insurance number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your current postal code or ZIP code.
- Enter an amount you entered on one of your income tax and benefit returns. Have a copy of your returns handy.
- Create a CRA user ID and password.
- Create your security questions and answers.
Can you NetFile without a CRA account?
You can use NetFile to submit your tax return from your home computer. The Access Code is not mandatory, but if it is not entered, you won’t be able to use information from your 2020 tax return when confirming your identity with CRA. This code does not apply for first-time filers.
Can I get my SIN number online?
To get a SIN, you can: Apply Online. Download the SIN Application and return the completed application, along with required documents (originals only; photocopies are not accepted) by mail or in person to any Service Canada Centre.