- 1 How do I dial a number in Italy?
- 2 How do I call Italy from my cell phone?
- 3 How many digit is Italy number?
- 4 How do I make a long distance call to Italy?
- 5 Which country code is 011?
- 6 What do Italian numbers start with?
- 7 What cell phone service works in Italy?
- 8 Will my Iphone work in Italy?
- 9 How do I call a toll free number in Italy from the US?
- 10 Which country code is 44?
- 11 How do I dial to Rome?
- 12 How do I make a long distance call from Canada to Italy?
- 13 How do I make an international call on my cell phone?
- 14 How do you call private?
How do I dial a number in Italy?
To call an Italian phone number from a U.S. or any other non- Italian cell phone:
- Dial +. Your cell phone “knows” to replace that + with the international access code that you need to dial out of the U.S. to another country.
- Dial 39. That’s Italy’s country code.
- Dial the rest of the number. Include the first 0.
How do I call Italy from my cell phone?
First, dial the US exit code: +011. Next, dial the Italy country code: 39. Then, dial the area code: 02. Then, dial the phone number: 12345678.
How many digit is Italy number?
Telephone numbers in Italy are managed by the Autorità per le Garanzie nelle Comunicazioni (AGCOM), a national regulatory authority for the communication industry located in Rome. Telephone numbers are defined by an open telephone numbering plan that assigns subscriber telephone numbers of six to eleven digits.
How do I make a long distance call to Italy?
Always check international calling rates of your long distance provider before making international calls.
- First enter exit code – 011.
- Then Enter country code – 39.
- Finally area code and phone number.
- Example: 011 39 02 xxxx xxxx.
Which country code is 011?
Country Dialing Code List
What do Italian numbers start with?
All Italian residential (fixed) telephone numbers start with a “0”, and have between 8 and 11 digits (area code+ number ). Cell (mobile) phone numbers have three digit prefix, all starting with a “3”, and a 6 or 7 digit phone number.
What cell phone service works in Italy?
Italy uses GMA technology, like AT&T or T-Mobile phones stateside. Other U.S. carriers, like Verizon, largely use CDMA technology but offer GMA phones to international travelers. If your phone operates on GMA technology you can probably replace the SIM card and use it in Italy.
Will my Iphone work in Italy?
Yes, if you are using your US phone number (no Italian SIM) then you dial the same way as you would if you were at home. I am not 100% sure about the same US area code part, so do 1 (area code) if it doesn’t work the just area code way.
How do I call a toll free number in Italy from the US?
First dial 011, the U.S. exit code. Then dial 39, the country code for Italy. Next dial the area code (2–4 digits). Finally dial the phone number (5–8 digits).
Which country code is 44?
For international calling codes, most countries have two-digit country codes. For instance, France’s country code is 33, and the United Kingdom’s country code is 44. The United States’ country code is an exception, with just the code 1.
How do I dial to Rome?
Dial the following to call Rome, Italy from United States
- 011 – Exit code when making an international call from United States.
- 39 – Italian country code for inbound calls.
- 06 – Rome city code.
- 011 + 39 + 06 + Local Number – International dialing code format.
How do I make a long distance call from Canada to Italy?
To call Italy from Canada, dial: 011 – 39 – Area Code – Land Phone Number 011 – 39 – 10 Digit Mobile Number
- 011 – Exit code for Canada, and is needed for making any international call from Canada.
- 39 – ISD Code or Country Code of Italy.
- Area code – There are 234 area codes in Italy.
How do I make an international call on my cell phone?
To call a phone in another country, dial 011, and then the code for the country you are calling, the area or city code, and the phone number. For example, if you are trying to call someone in Brazil (country code 55), in the city of Rio de Janeiro (city code 21), you would dial 011 – 55 – 21 – XXXX-XXXX.
How do you call private?
Use *67 to hide your phone number Open your phone’s keypad and dial * – 6 – 7, followed by the number you’re trying to call. The free process hides your number, which will show up on the other end as “ Private ” or “Blocked” when reading on caller ID. You will have to dial *67 each time you want your number blocked.